By Kartik G. Krishnan
This guide is an introductory advisor to harvesting crucial workhorse
flaps of the torso and higher and decrease extremities. Chapters are grouped into
separate sections in keeping with the anatomic area of the flaps. each one bankruptcy
details the serious scientific details the health care provider must recognize to
effectively harvest flaps, delivering concise descriptions of the guidance,
incision, and dissection innovations. detailed illustrations supplementing the
descriptions let surgeons to completely comprehend the technical maneuvers of every
- Step-by-step descriptions of flap harvesting
- Thorough dialogue of the appropriate vascular or
neurovascular anatomy for every dissection
- More than two hundred illustrations and schematics
demonstrating key options
- Consistent presentation in each one bankruptcy to facilitate
reference and evaluation
- Practical dialogue of universal pitfalls to organize
the doctor for dealing with the complete variety of eventualities within the scientific surroundings
- Overview of basic suggestions, together with
microvascular anatomy and styles of vasculature of soppy tissue flaps,
instrumentation, and microvascular and microneural suturing techniques
a stable starting place upon which to additional strengthen surgical abilities, this booklet is an essential source for citizens in plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure, trauma surgical procedure, orthopedics, and neurosurgery.
Read or Download An Illustrated Handbook of Flap-Raising Techniques PDF
Similar neurosurgery books
This can be the 1st textbook on scientific fMRI. it really is dedicated to preoperative fMRI in sufferers with mind tumors and epilepsies, that are the main well-established scientific functions. state of the art fMRI techniques are provided, with distinctive attention of the physiological and methodological history, imaging and information processing, general and pathological findings, diagnostic probabilities and boundaries, and different similar strategies.
This booklet is meant as a realistic guide at the use of intraoperative ultrasound (IOUS) as a device for imaging information in the course of cranial and spinal neurosurgical approaches. complete account is taken of the emergence of novel scientific functions and up to date technical advances, with vast assurance of the influence of advancements resembling more advantageous probe expertise, fusion imaging and digital navigation, 3D ultrasound imaging, contrast-enhanced ultrasound, and elastosonography.
Written by means of a global staff of professional backbone surgeons, this quantity completely examines new nonfusion applied sciences for treating spinal degenerative stipulations whereas maintaining movement. significant sections describe a variety of surgical innovations and units for nucleus pulposus alternative and overall lumbar and cervical disc arthroplasty, in addition to different stabilization recommendations.
- Molecular Neuro-oncology and Its Impact on the Clinical Management of Brain Tumors
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery: Practical Applications in the Upper Extremity, 1e
- Atlas of Orthopaedic Surgery: A Multimedia Reference
- Samii’s Essentials in Neurosurgery
- Rhinology: Diseases of the Nose, Sinuses, and Skull Base
- Handbook of skull base surgery
Additional resources for An Illustrated Handbook of Flap-Raising Techniques
Spinal epidural metastasis as the initial manifestation of malignancy: clinical features and diagnostic approach. Neurology 1997:49:452–456. 51. Posner J. Side effects of radiation therapy. In: Posner J, ed. Neurologic Complications of Cancer. Philadelphia: FA Davis; 1995. 52. Gultekin SH, Rosenfeld MR, Voltz R et al. Paraneoplastic limbic encephalitis: neurologic symptoms, immunological findings and tumour association in 50 patients. Brain 2000;123 (Pt 7):1481–1494. III Neurologic Symptoms 3 Seizures and Anti-Epileptic Drugs in Neuro-Oncology Michael J.
1H MR spectroscopy in patients with metastatic brain tumors: a multicenter study. Magn Reson Med 1995;33(6):818–826. 29. Bulakbasi N, Kocaoglu M, Ors F et al. Combination of single-voxel proton MR spectroscopy and apparent diffusion coefficient calculation in the evaluation of common brain tumors. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2003;24(2):225–233. 30. Ishimaru H, Morikawa M, Iwanaga S et al. Differentiation between high-grade glioma and metastatic brain tumor using single-voxel proton MR spectroscopy. Eur Radiol 2001;11(9):1784–1791.
3. 1. Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS) Consistent with the lack of neuroglial elements, N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) is low or absent in metastases, (24–26). Nodular enhancing portions of metastatic lesions may show an elevated choline/creatine ratio, reflecting high cell density and phospholipid turnover, as do gliomas (24,27,28). Metastatic lesions were initially thought to be distinguishable from high-grade gliomas by the presence of lipid and lactate peaks, lack of creatine, and increased lipid/creatine ratio (29,30).
An Illustrated Handbook of Flap-Raising Techniques by Kartik G. Krishnan